Thursday, October 24, 2013

WIP: Tau Allies and first work with InstaMold

Well I caved in and started to make me some Tau Allies for my Orks.. (For the Greater Waaagh)

I was planning to field the following TAU allies.

  • Suit Commander
  • 2 Honor Crisis Suits
  • Riptide --> hey wouldn't use this X)
  • Firewarriors
  • Skyray


Had a bit of a problem with the Skyray and I lost the sensor bit for the turret when I was cleaning it on the balcony. A wrong move and poof it went over the ledge..(phat Effing fingers). Fortunately I had another Skyray so still had that same bit .Well necessity is the mother of invention so out came the InstaMold.

After having this for months I finally brought it out and tried it and I was impressed with how relatively easy it was. I did use Epo-Wood putty for this which is the best putty really because this thing can be easily cut but is durable.




A friend of mine was gracious enough to prime and base coat my Tau Ally figs for me..  no way was I going to finish painting them all in time for the GT.. So now all I need to do is highlight them.


Well I got less than a month now to finish all of it .. :)

No comments: