Sunday, February 28, 2010

GLADIATOR 2010 - REPORTS: Game 5 to 7

VS LUCAS (DARK ELDAR) - Win

- Lucas had his neat raider army with those upgrades that reduced the range of my shooting guns at him. He had boxed himself into a corner of the board shooting pot shots at my army. He was too late to get out of the box as I got to close and I started shooting down his raiders with Shoota and Big Shoota Fire. I had enough models left after flinging them off on the first wave to seal the massacre.

VS DONNEL (SPACE WOLVES) - Lose

- My first time fighting the new and improved Space Wolves took me by surprise.. Donnel had taken a shoot counter-attack army with lots of Rhinos Razorbacks and Long Fangs. My BattleWagon and Looted Wagon got gutted early on and my attempt to rush his army failed as his Wolf Scouts came out and took out the trukks.

My Warboss legged it off the battlefield as his 19 strong unit got wiped out by shooting except for the nob. I have to remember not to deploy my armor in the middle of the field when there are a log of Heavy  Support

I did manage to wipe out one unit of Long Fangs to shoota fire though.. and the other Long Fang unit finally got creamed by a very Angry Mega Armor Nob. Still he managed to kill everything in my army except one immobilized trukk and half a squad of Lottas.. oh well..

VS CLARENCE (Blood Angelos) Win.

- This had its high and low moments again. My Warboss unit once again disembarked to try to assault over-charged engine rhinos managing to stun, immobilize and weapon destroy it (this will be common theme in my quest to destroy the rhinos) and got to be in front of two Baal Predators. The Single Nob left got its revenge by blowing it up with his PowerKlaw and the Warboss killed some marines but got killed by a drop pod stormbolter. The Burna Boyz also just got annihilated by shooting and the Mega Armor nobz bounced off the Death Company.

There were some good moments though. My boyz in there truck managed to kill one dreadnought before being countercharged, a shoota boy unit managed to damage the other baal predator and the lootas managed to survive the whole game and another shoota boy unit killed off the death company and Corbulo.
My luckiest unit for the match would be the Rokkit boyz again.. they got assaulted by another drop podding dreadnought but was able to defeat it in hand to hand combat.

In the end it was close.. Managed to eck out a win by 35 points.


==
And with that there goes the Gladiator Gaming. Managed to get a respectible 52 points with 7 total games. 5 wins and 2 losses. Here's to the next tournament :)

No comments: