Monday, February 1, 2010

GLADIATOR 2010 - REPORTS

Well week 3 is finally over and surprisingly I have won all three games so far against the heavy hitters in alabang with a combination of good luck on my part and bad luck from my opponents.

WEEK 1 - Sunny (Nids)
  • Battled out Sunny and his Beautiful Psychic Scream Tyranid Army. That was a long game of 3 hours as he had three units of Gaunts that had Without Number constantly coming back. Highlights of that game include
    • Killed off two Scream Zoanthropes with a turn 1 charge. Killed off the Hive Tyrant with shoota fire
    • Warboss fails his leadership check due to shooting.. never comes back again..
    • Burna Boyz do there thing all over again and toast gaunts and stealers and too the last wound of a Carnifex.. sadly the last turn I got too overconfident, charged the remaining Zoanthrope.. I lose combat and off they went
    • Mega Armor Nobz needed to kill the Carnifex with a couple of 2+ to wounds.. I roll nothing but ones.. Nobz run away never to come back..
WEEK 2 Freddie (Guard)
  • I was just trying to eck out a draw on this one. Being shot at by guard is no fun thing.. Interestingly I managed to NOT fail a single leadership check by turn 2 even as hugged the table edges to at least ensure that some of his ordnance would go off board. Hence my surprise when I got the win by sticking to the mission objectives
  • Some Highlights include:
    • Warboss dies due to a horde of powerweapon pin pricks.. 9 str3 powe weapon attacks.. and he got the needed 3 sixes to kill of the warboss.. doh.. Fortunately 54 regular ork attacks makes short work of the blob
    • A charge at a devil dog by shoota boys makes it immbolized, stunned and weapon destroyed.. Oh good.
    • Loota Boy survives to fight the next match.
WEEK 3 Jhei (Tau) 
  • Managed to get the first turn for this one.. Well at least that got me one less turn of shooting before I got stuck in with the boyz. Kroot are nasty in big numbers.. good thing I got the chance to whittle them down before they got stuck in with the ladz. Jhei had to tap out by turn 4 but had one devilfish with troops and 3 crisis suits left.
  • Highlights include
    • Getting the Warboss and 19 choppa orks at the Tau Commander by turn 2. He only had two rail gun shots at the battlewagon. Managed to make my cover save from the KFF. There goes that. It then managed to survive a hail of shots as they attempted and eventually killed a HammerHead
    • Rokkit Boy kills a HammerHead. Had to resist mightily the urge to whoop and scream for joy for that.
    • Mass shoota fire will wipe out Crisis Suits and Kroot.
    • Deep Striking Crisis Suits suffer mishaps.. One gets lost.. the other delays the drop.. sadly that other suit never comes back.
CONCLUSION: 

Well the army is still alive. I think most of the armies are setup as anti-Mech. Though the Imperial Guard have a lot of heavy flamers.. I never headed towards him for it.

My winning streak will be put to the test though. Am going to fight a Dakka Fex list. I need to get in close and stuck in or at least keep away from the 12 inch kill zone before I get to do so.. Will see..

As for painting.. dang it I got  4 weeks before this thing all ends.. and all I have done is buy a spray can..
Here we go...

No comments: