Monday, August 6, 2012

G.I.G Session 1 for me: Ork on Ork using 6th ED

Finally got to play at a secret location somewhere where I can't say.

And had a game of 6th ed with Garr. We slowly had our first 6th ed game (which more or less lasted 4 hours) There is definitely a lot of stuff and extra funky happenings that needed to read and re-read to get the hang of this edition

(all photos taken by Garr's funky cam)

WTF moment
Of course perhaps we should have both not played a mostly assault oriented army and had someone play a more shooty force so that maybe we could learn from this edition, but hey we bring what we can :)

Funky deployment setup
We had elected not to do some of the other funky stuff ( no mysterious terrain and forgot about the mysterious objectives just so we could focus on the main parts of the rulebook.


An impressive site from Garrbois impressive camera

My Unpainted Ork Warboss on Bike challenging enemy boyz so that  it would live another turn :D

Kans.. yes they need to be dirtied up a bit

Ork warboss finally goes down.. but other ork boy unit manages to avenge them.
On to the game itself.. managed to break his Bwagons with side shots from Lootas and finished off one more by glancing it to death when I assaulted it with my remaining ork boys. My Warboss managed to survive 20 charging orks by challenging the nob and taking it down.

The new random charge distances was both a blessing and a curse.. me rolling 3 for my charge range out in the open in one while being able to charge 7 in another. Still I would have preferred a re-roll for Charge distances.

He had a mean Mad dok with Mega Armored support. Did not charge but just shot them to bits point blank.

I think I won by endurance in this game :P

My quick thoughts on 6th ed with this game

- Need to learn and un learn a lot of stuff before we get the hang of it
- Short Range firefights might be the norm as you do not want to suffer Overwatch fire when models charge at you. Then again Overwatch might not be such a big deal. We will see.
- Need more games in.. really. Oh maybe this sunday would be good.. I wish..
- Flyers.. must get flyers...

2 comments:

Josh said...

sir how can I contact you?my mga tanong po ako ksi eh..about warhammer...txt mo ako 09476071489

Badbeef said...

heya.. sure thing.. :)