Wednesday, November 20, 2013

OBERON SILVER CUP - Quick Recap

"Ignorance can be cured, Stupidity cannot" 
 -- that sums up my games last Sunday at the Oberon Silver cup :D


Without any preparation except fixing all of the broken models that I have I went and played at the Oberon Silver Cup on the weekend. I had spent the week before repairing everything that I could and looking for all missing models that I could.





I got to fix almost all the models and unashamedly used proxies for the crew. Annnd of I went.

1st GAME - Vs Dark Eldar



At the start of the game I started to pummel em with my warmachines. Doom Divers and Fanatics pummeled his cold one knights and executioners and I get some Direct Hits with my Rock Lobbers. It was an Assasinate mission though (if you kill all the characters you win the game) and I had already lost my Warboss and my other Orc Big Boss.

That left my Night Goblin shaman though which I decided to keep safe inside a Tower with 20 Orc Bowmen Guarding him. The Shaman decided to try to help a combat by casting a spell  and I had rolled a double 1 to cast something which I thought was a miscast and killed the Shaman.. which apparently does not do so..anymore with 8th edition... so weh.

There goes that as a lose then.

2nd GAME - VS High Elf

We unfortunately started late so we did no finish our game but I was bombarding him again with my War Machines and he kept failing his 3+ armor saves against shooting or his 3+ ward saves. My Wolf Riders were already behind his lines when time was called so maybe had the game continued I would have just wiped him out..


There are no half points for reducing regiments below half so I did not get a single VP from him but he got a lot of VP from destroying my chaff units. Fortunately you get points for Table quarters so I ekked out a Draw for me .

3rd GAME - Vs Empire

I Faced an Armored Empire list with Griffon riders, knights and 2 Steam Tanks. I regret not charging his Flyer initially which with one wound left started to go after my War machines. I also started to lose stuff because of a Comet exploding and units fleeing.

Still I managed to destroy one Steam Tank and mangled on more with his remaining units being one 3 Griffon Rider unit and a Level 4 Wizard as well as a badly damaged Steam Tank before Time was called



a Win for me.

CONCLUSION




Well that was interesting.. So it does look like that I can win with an Orc and Goblin Shooty Army after all. have also wanted to actually get me a second army for Fantasy but thinking about it I can get away with a lot of different combinations of Orc and Goblin lists. I can do Siege again or Cavalry or Night Goblin Horde.

More pictures from the event below. The rest of the pictures can be viewed at Life in Pixels site here.








No comments: