Sunday, February 18, 2007

TOURNAMENT: 1K ROE Tournament Results


Finally returned to Robinson's Galleria for the 1K tournament for Warhammer 40k. Ironic since my new office is just 4 four blocks away. Unfortunately on the day of the tournament I had been out of town and totally without sleep. Still I promised I'd show up and there I went, sipping Gatorade and 2 packs of Extra joss.



So how did I fare? Well read on:

(Games were all using Rules of Engagement)

Game 1.

Opponent: Ian "Beefcake"
Army: Chaos Space Marine - (Khorne)
Result: Draw
What Happened:
16 Khorne Berzerkers in a squad is just plain nasty. Wittled one squad down to shooting and an unsupported charge by a mutant mob before my shooting units got overwhelmed by his Daemon prince and second Khorne squad.

Managed to eck out a draw when I used my second mutant mob to take one of his counters though it came close when his Khorne squad charged the Leman Russ I stupidly moved forward and almost made it into close combat.

Game 2.

Opponent: Jun Ubay
Army: Tau
Result: Draw
What Happened:

The lack of sleep was starting to take it's toll on my condition. My opponent seeing this (and because he hadn't had lunch) told me that if ever we get to fight that let's just get a draw and go find some grub. By luck would have it we indeed were matched up against each other and shook hands and declared it a draw as we went to look for grub and to the supermarket to get some Gatorade and Xtra Joss.

Game 3.

Opponent: JP "Shrumster"
Army: Imperial Guard
Result: Draw
What Happened:

The bunched up Guardsmen made a good target for the Russ's Battlecannon. My mutant mobs raced towards his lines but I decided to divert them to charge the enemy Sentinels so that I would be safe from enemy shooting and to take them all out. Unfortunately one mob got stuck the entire game trying to down 2 sentinels ( I already had 2 power fists and still it didn't go down until the last turn.

This left the game in the balance on the last turn as I had one mob on his counter and my Spawn on mine. His shooting couldn't destroy the mutant mob boss and Aspiring champion until his BattleCannon got right on target. My spawn weathered Lasgun, Plasma and Missile Fire to remain on my counter.

Good Draw game all around.

Opponent: Dick "Timberwolf"
Army: Space Wolves
Result: Minor Victory
What Happened:
I had good positioning on the counters while had the same. He unfortunately exposed his Vindicator to a Lascannon Marine denying him his protection there as it exploded due to a side hit. This allowed my Mutant mob to contest his counter for the win while my other mob did a diversionary attack on his lines

Conclusion:
There was no Game 5 for me as the effects of Gatorade and Xtra Joss started to wear off. All in all not a bad three games for me. I wonder how would I have fared if I actually got some rest. Ahh will never know :)

(for more details of the action go to the RHGC Blogspot website which can be found
here )

No comments: