Thursday, August 21, 2008

MODELLING: Creating the Inquisitor and the Retinue

I had spent a long time in trying to get a DH inquisitor and Retinue finally completed and ready for the table top in time for the 40k Gt.. heres how I made the models.

For the Inquisitor and the retinue I started to scour for bits to use for them. I had old Chaos Marine plastics that had there heads removed before so I used them I wanted to create a Metal Storm unit.


For the inquisitor himself I had the idea to use a cadian grenade launcher and then merge it with a missile launcher so as to make a Psycannon out of it and then add some stuff on it some more.

I jury rigged a handle using some spare sprue then modified the cadian vox backpack to act as its power pack.

It was too armoured and not inquisitorial looking enough though so I added a parchment from the Skaven Box I had. I plan to at least paint freestyle the I on his shoulder pads





The Heavy Bolter servitors I once again used the Chaos Space Marine Torso and Legs. I then used Ork arms for them. I had initially set them to hold the Heavy Bolter in several poses with their arms but then took that out and then decided to just stick the HB on the torso itself. I then used zombie heads to get that lifeless look.


The Mystic model I used a Clan Pestilence body to get the hunched robe look and then just placed an empire head there. For the sages (which I had accidentally created two) I used high elf archer bodies with bits from the Clan Pestilence box and again Empire heads.



For the priest I used a High Elf bowman legs and torso with more Empire heads and then used empire arms for the gauntlet. I used a chaos ccw to act as a power weapon or eviserator.

Im hoping I have time to actually finish painting these guys up. Here goes to that plan...

No comments: