Monday, August 25, 2008

The Wh40kGT 2008 Report

The GT for 2008 used the (most unappareciated) 4th Edition rulebook./. The feeling with the organizer was to just get this thing out of the way already so that we can proceed with 5th ed. So sure thing we did =P

****

It was an interesting first round of game play as I faced off against Romy with his Slaanesh themed Chaos army. He could have just laid back and sniped me from afar but decided to make a sport out of it and went in with his Chaos Terminator and Daemon Prince. The game got delayed quite a bit as Ronald (Mcheesy KraftMan) decided to heckle our entire game since he missed us so much :P


The game was good ol Patrol and once again the deployment killed me. NEVER NEVER choose an L deployment when your a horde army.. always go for the long table edge.... sigh..

I had already brought new dice but I still manage to miss my one shots with my lascannon. I was able to bring down Romy's daemon prince and his Chaos Terminators to interestingly manage to get a Draw.. so not bad on that :) while he downed my Tornado and immobilized



The next up was Ambush and I got wound up to be the one being ambushed against Joel's Nurgle Marines no less. I knew most of my foot slogging army wouldnt make it so I just sat my SM Marines at the back of the line and started plinking away at the enemy.. while the rest of my horde attempted to get stuck in with them.

My Vindicator got killed by the Obliterators and the resulting explosion took a lot of my clumped up figures as I was still trying to split them up from their initial congo line deployment. My entire mob of 20 Zealots got wiped out as I charge Nurgle Marines out in the open.

I was rusty, and my tactics showed it as I sent everything piece meal in this game.

I was thinking(deluding??) to myself that I was going to still get a draw out of this one but the rain and the tables being out in the open just doomed that plan. There goes my plan to get into the semis...

Still I had fun getting 2 games in with great armies and great opponents.. Maybe this will give me the push I need to finish my army? :)

More photos of the event can be found here:
http://lakwatserongkalbo.multiply.com/photos/album/90/Toy_Soldiers..._Pchuw_Pchuw

http://timberwolf168.multiply.com/photos/album/7/Warhammer_40k_Grand_Tournament_2008-08-23

No comments: