Thursday, December 18, 2008

BATTLE REPORT: Space Orks Vs Chaos Marines



Ahh finally got to have one last game before the year ends and it was against good ol Romy and his Slaanesh with the expected Lash.

I had used the same list as the last time when I played at the bunker, mainly because I was too pressed for time to hunt down my figs for another list.











Romy had.

Daemon Prince with Lash
10 Chaos Space Marines with meltaguns w/ Rhino
10 Chaos Space Marines with meltaguns w/ Rhino
10 Chaos space Marines with plasma gun and Las Cannon
1 Vindicator

Battle Area.
- Playing field was a 4x4 with most of the buildings on my table quarter ( we had played Annihilation yet again ) and his side mainly open. This would be initially unwieldy as I tried to move my units around and charge him in the open.

I had setup first but romy was able to take the initiative and started the game (curses)

Game Play.

A good movement and turn 2 Waagh had me up for points as my Warboss leading the Mega armour Nobs charged and wiped out the 10 Man Chaos Marines with the LasCannon while my other 20 Ork strong force disembarked from their immobilized BattleWagon ( I hate glances that manage to do that ) reached another 10 Man Chaos Marine squad and wiped them out.

The next remaining turns turned into frustration as Romy went for denial and had his remaining Squad and Daemon Prince run to the farthest corner. He was able to lash in successive turns the Warboss and Mega Armor nobz (after being pummelled by the Vindicator), wiped them out and proceeded to do the same to the ork nob that destroyed the Vindicator and the Burna Boyz.

My tankbustas and other units were unable to even destroy the two rhinos that were just milling around. My luck of being able to kill tanks but not transports continue.

He was thus up in Kill Points by my last turn on game turn 7. Fortunately I finally had my 10 ork shoota boyz on a trukk already which allowed me to barrel in, disembark and shoot the last chaos marine squad and wiped them out in close combat. This turned the entire game into a draw.

Funkyness :)

1 comment:

Kyuzo said...

Argh! I wont forget that draw. Extended turns was freakingly frustrating! It's like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Funkyness indeed. :P