Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BATTLE REPORT: Space Orks Vs Eldar

Just when I thought I had no more games to play for the year than when Freddie plays me a game at ATC with his newly aquired Eldar Army.

What he had based on my bad memory
2 Farseers
Howling Banshees
PathFinders
Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent
Fire Dragons w/ Wave Serpent
Guardian Unit w/ Warlock and Scatter Laser
Guardian Unit w/ Scatter Laser
Guardian Unit w/ Scatter

The game was a Seize and Control with a Dawn of War setup.

We had rolled for who gets to decide who goes first. I win the roll and elect to go second.

He deploys his eldar jetbikes and dire avengers while I elect to deploy both of my 20 ork slugga squad and the the mec with forcefield on the center of the table near one objective.

Turn 1 had him come on the board attempting to shoot at my orks but were foiled by the night fight rules on turn 1. My 2 ork mobs weathered most of the fire and the big shootas on one squad managed to wittle the guardian squad that was in front of them.

My turn saw both trukks and the battlewagon on my right flank. The shoota boys, killer kans and dreadnought came in my center to support the 2 ork mobs there while the Looted Vehicle stayed on the left flank.

The center and left flank just peppered the guardian squads with ordnance and big shoota shots. My right flank saw my trukks shaken and its big shoota ripped off but stayed steady.

Freddies miscalculation had his dire avengers finally embarking on a wave serpent but I had gotten close enough with my nobs that I was able to assault and blow up the wave serpent.

My trukk with the warboss and the burna boys finally got destroyed but they went in near the pathfinders. They get jumped by the Howling Banshees but managed to fend them off.

This is when Freddie said it was time to go.. so he conceded and the game was done :)

No comments: