Thursday, July 12, 2012

40K LEAGUE KILL TEAM - Game 6 to 10


Nob kill team




GAME 6 vs NECRONS

And the kill team league continues.. From an impressive 7 players that were supposed to play last Sunday we were down to just 3 people. One of whom I had fought.. So there goes that plan to finish all of my 5 remaining games. Hohum


Fought the new guy with his Necron Kill Team -- consisting of 10 Deathmarks.


This was an interesting Game.. Interesting because of how we actually managed to get a draw with this game.. because both of our roles were sooo bad... it wasn't funny anymore.

First round of the game I saw that he was all lined up in one line while I had units that were hiding behind a building and was closer to him..

He realized the error of his ways when I started to outshoot him from range and he started to hide behind the buildings as well. I would manage to shoot down a couple of his models but as always they would go right back up. (Special Kill team rule for Necrons.. there Reanimation Protocols where always active)

Well I manage to decide to just stick it in and get into close combat.. Where the remainder of my models decide to stay..as I started to whiff my attacks and/or the Necrons decide to take their armor saves or they manage to get right back up.

I kept throwing models into the mix.. but my atrocious roles continued. My Nob Boss finally made it into combat but it was too little too late as we actually exceeded the 1 hour mark and it was a draw..

Wow..

GAME 7 vs SPACE MARINES (Stern Guard) 


The week after I was up against Jojo and his 7 man SternGuard army.

Once again I had feelings of deja vu when my shooting and close combats started whiffing again.. Fortunately my grots came back to save my ass from the fire.

The man of the match would be once again the Grots as they showed what they can do by picking off SternGuard with their grot blasters while the Orks just shot up the real estate

Managed to bring him down to the required leadership test and he fails on the first roll !!! Woot!!! A win for the orks then.

===========================================
Needed to finish 3 games for us to make it to the deadline. Fortunately we all gamed at Lucas place and did an intense session of kill team and some 6th edition gaming

===================================================================

GAME 8 vs BLOOD ANGELS

Fought Jay and his 8 Blood Angel Jump army. Fortunately for me (and bad for him) his melta gun jumped out of difficult terrain and promptly killed himself. I then proceeded to shoot in the relatively open terrain of this kill team environment and just kept plinking away at his models.

Managed to get him down to below half  before he reached my lines. And then he fails on his leadership and I win the game !!



GAME 9 vs DARK ELDAR (Lucas rematch)


Faced off with Lucas again with his Dark Eldar Kill team. The critical part of the game was on the first turn when the alien monkey made it's charge and killed of an Ork and a grot. Fortunately the rest of his army was too far away so I targeted the Mutated beast with everything I had. I was able to whittle it down to just one wound but that meant it had 7 attacks (and Feel no Pain to booth from the pain token)

I decided to risk it and then threw a lot of bodies into the fight. I think if Lucas had decided to allocate everything to the Nob he would have beaten me but I was surprised that my regular boyz were the ones that managed to take the critter down. After that it was all just a matter of shooting at the rest of the panzies until they all broke.

GAME 10 vs BLOOD ANGELS (Jay rematch)  


Another game against Jay's jump packing marines. As always it was the meltagun armed jump packer that died first. He did manage to hit my lines before I managed to decimate him. However poor die rolls on his part ensured that I managed to throw enough bodies at the combats that mattered and had him break with only one model left for him.

CONCLUSION: So 10 games with 7 Wins, 2 Losses and a Draw. Not a bad run at all. Now then all I have to do is finish painting these guys up, compete in the finals and then I can focus again on looking at the new 6th edition rules and see what I can do to make a better army for them.


No comments: