Sunday, April 28, 2013

GOLD CUP TOURNAMENT - 2013




Have not have had a chance to play much these first few months because I was out of the country but I managed to make up for it by getting some practice games in and competing in the RHGC (Rolling Hills Gaming Club) Gold tournament, where as a way to push the hobby -- everything on the table had to be painted.

Having had the lazy streak for the past decade in finishing an army it was tough going in where you MUST be painted. Fortunately I skipped around this by actually finishing of and playing with a Painted army in the previous year's GT event

I was at least able to paint the bases of my grot krew with the same paint style as the rest of the Ork army so  in I went.




I think I did good..  I managed to get a 2-1 record so my GT it still serves me well. A quick recap

GAME 1. vs Imperial Guard  (Win)


Nicely painted IG army with leman russ and punisher. The ork boyz took most of the punishment as always. With my reserves arriving I managed to nuetralize the punisher and Marbo was able to kill the snipers which lost him an objective and my remaining orks abandoning the other objective and just heading to control the center objective for the win.

GAME 2. vs GK (Lose)


Nothing but 2+ save terminators and dreadknights. They just walked up and shot everything to death. With me having no ap2 weapnry and his ability to make his 2+ saves I only managed to chink his units. A great rock list and I just bashed my army into it to pieces.






GAME 3.  vs Chaos Space Marine (Win)


I finally had a game with "ninongs" son Lance. Shot his daemon prince to bits the first turn and then shot the rest of the army. Marbo managed to take out the land raider and the chaos squad that had just butchered 26 orks in one go. Managed to wipe out the army but only after shooting everything at them.

Notes





There was the natural ribbing I got from actually finishing a painted army. I still have a lot of backlog to finish though. Its a question if I continue finishing the IG or doing the Marines. Still whatever it is I gotta do something for the hobby for me to move it along. One of this is to force myself to never play with anything that is not painted. Here's to this year may it be a fruitful gaming experience :D




No comments: