Friday, August 2, 2013

WIP: Shokk Attack, Grot Crew , Lootas

With the planned announcement of the 40k GT to be by October and with my new project giving me some less stress days I had me some time over the past few days to finish off my inventory of my (mostly) models as well as getting some hobby time in.

I had promised myself that I would use units for the GT that had not been completed (unlike some others that are all focused on using as little models that needed to be painted/assembled) so as to force me to complete a few of the modelling projects that have been languishing for so long .

So with the wife and baby having to sleep in the downstairs bedroom since our room has turned into a mini-bodega this gave me time to do some assembling and modelling work.




SHOKK ATTACK GUN

Screw super glue. This heavy model refused to stay attached to itself regardless of pinning so just had to epoxy it to the base as well as epoxy the gun to the mek's shoulder. Hopefully this will make that gun stick to the model.



GROT CREW

I had a bunch of 2nd ed Gretchin to use as crew before but then I wanted something more dedicated to it. I still have a bunch of Night Goblins models left (the pre Skull pass gobbos) so I am making me some crew. Gotta figure out exactly what they are carrying though.. Hmm inspiration will hit me soon enough I hope.



LOOTAS

I want to field 18 of them for the GT. I finally found the rest of these guys to make 14 Lootas (including the completed ones). That means that I need to scratch build 4 more lootas from bits and bobs. Doable I guess. I have elected for the new ones NOT TO ATTACH THE LOOTA TO THE ORK UNTIL I AM DONE PAINTING, to make it easier to get to the hard to reach places.



Well there goes that. Lets see what I can finish with next week.

No comments: