Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Revivals and all that Jazz


Live !!!
So looking at the timestamp from the last post  ( 2 years ago ) we can see that I stopped using this and just decided to post on a Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/badbeefspawning) that I created so as to consolidate all my social media into one platform.

Well that really didn't work out much. I am either too lazy to figure it all out but Facebook Pages are really geared for companies to sell stuff on the FB platform. Despite me always mentioning that it this is a personal page it would keep asking me to promote the page and what not. It is great for posting the pictures but then it is hard to properly manage em. Really a fire and forget kind of platform.

That and I really like the labels / indexing of blogger. I can look for previous posts and see indexing of items better with it (Hard to look for prior posts in FB) . As such it is time to go back to to using this platform huzzah, !!!. After much trial and error I figured out how fix my  connection from Blogger  to my Facebook page via IFTT. So every time I post here it should reflect to my Badbeef Facebook Page. Now I need to figure out how to automate sending from Facebook page to different feeds depending on the label (if that is even possible) 

Should have done this when the Pandemic started but it was kinda hard to think with 40 C weather.

Another thing I need to revive is my Trello Hobby Board. I keep vacillating between using this and ToDoist for my Hobby. With me being able to add pictures of what I did as well as  Swim Lanes and using it as a way to see how I was able to do something then return to that Card to remember how to paint it. ( I can also inventory that here in Blogger but will keep it in Trello for now.) , it is time to use this again.

You can check that here. ( https://trello.com/b/NyYH7Oos) I do have the Chrome extension for Swim lanes to manage it so if you don't have it may look like a huge one lane mess. Time to start updating this Blog and do some other integrations.

That's it for now. Talk to you all (but really mostly myself) later.





No comments: