Friday, October 28, 2011

TOURNAMENT: Manila Team Championship Results


I'd like to drink beer in these cups


Well after much hawing and losing sleep over it, I managed to think of a list to use for the MTC and brought along the following Blood Angel army from a hodge-podge of units that I surprisingly still had and was stuck in storage.. Really need to finish all of them :P...

===
1750 Blood Angel List.

Librarian with blood lance and sheild of sanguinus

Sanguinary priest
furioso dreadnought with talons, heavy flamer, and frag cannon in drop pod

5 assault squad w/ flamer and hand flamer in drop pod
5 assault squad w/ melta gun and inferno pistol in drop pod
5 assault squad w/ melta gun and inferno pistol in razorback w/ lascannon (x2)
5 assault squad w/ flamer and hand flamer in razorback w/ heavy bolter (x2)

Land speeder w/ multi melta and heavy flamer (x3)

5 devastator squad with 4 missile launchers (x2)
5 devastator squad with 2 lascannon

===


So there it was I planned my dev squads to be babysited by the priest while the Vehicles sped forward to hopefully claim objectives and pop some vehicles. It was basically a paper to someone else's rock army (I knew someone was going to field 4 Land Raiders for the hell of it) 

Things went awry on the day itself when just trying to meet up with Obi to head for the venue was a disaster. Traffic was weird on the service roads and I had to take the expressway, missed the exit and had to turn around just in time when the traffic going the other way just stopped completely.

Anyway we thought that it was still early since we arrived at 9:45am only to be greeted by:

Dangit there all here.

Looks like the Team Championship had started early.. Like 8am early, as such both Bunker teams had missing players still.. doh. Because there was only 6 teams it looked like our team would be getting a bye on the first round. This was a single team elimination event so it was ok by me as me and Obi went around the tables and I took some pictures.









Finally after waiting for a few hours for the first games to wind down it was finally time to draw out who we would fight.. If it was Team Makati or it was Team Bastards and as always we fought off the bastards composed of  Pat (IG), emcee(GK), wiley(SM) and kuneho(Nid) And after a moment to view the pairings.. my Champion (Arv) fought of emcee and then I threw Pork against Pat's IG.. this meant it was there choice and I got paired with kuneho and his Nids. Hindsight would have me think that I should have just paired myself against Wiley directly so I can take down this double land raider list with my multi-meltas.. well oops again.

Kuneho made a brief but accurate picture of what happened and can be found here. Suffice to say on my part I did everything wrong. Having not had the pleasure to actually play against Tyranids in 5ed (so many blood marines :P) I made a lot of mistakes in this game. I did not focus fire at all (in hindsight.. I should have just shot the Tervigon and then the Hive Guard until they were all dead. I should have just massed all of my Vehicles on the extreme side and snipped at the units.. Same with my Speeders.  

The heat was also affecting my thinking (ever been a room with large nerdy guys at 35C in the shade?) and I was just lousy. Still it was a good game and kudos to kuneho on being a great guy.

There will always be next year :)


Maybe this can fit 1.5L worth of coke



No comments: