Thursday, March 29, 2012

BATREP: 1500pts Orks Vs Tyranids


Had a good game with Sunny over at his place on a nice cool Tuesday night. After 12+ years of knowing him I finally got to his house, the astounding thing was finding out how near he was to my place. The annoying part was realizing that I had to go all the way around just to reach him (sigh... thank you urban planning)

I should try running the long way. That should trim down the beer gut.


Anyway after dinner we had a nice game outside his house with beer and barbecue (what a great way to spend a summer night)

Yum Yum

Because I was going to fight Tyranids I brought a fun yet slightly tailored list against him.This game turned into a blood bath real quick. I would hit him with a unit, he would counter with something I would counter with something else.

What I had

Warboss on Bike - Pole, shoota-skorcha, PowerKlaw
Mekboy with Shokk Attack Gun
1 min unit of MegaArmored Nobz w/ Trukk
1 unit of Gretchin
1 min unit of Bikerz
3 units of 20 boyz with nob pk
8 Loota Boyz
7 Burna Boyz 1 mek
Looted Wagon with Big shoota
3 Lobbas
2 Kans with Grotzookas


What he Had

Tervigon (HQ)
2 units of Ymmgarls
1 unit of Hive Guard
2 units of Genestealers
1 units of Termagants
2 Shooty Carnifexes (the 8 shot twinlinked variety)

Mission and Deployment


This was a Secure and Control Mission with objectives placed in a diagonal in the middle of the board. I had elected to have my Warboss with Bikers , The burnas in the Looted Wagon and the Meganob in truck in reserve while both of his Ymgarls would also be in reserve. (I think he should have reserved - outflanked at least one of the GeneStealers but well)

Deployment had me set  the grots deployed as far forward as I can in front forming a screen to the Ork boy unit at the back and the MekBoy with the Shok Attack Gun in the 2nd floor (Again in hindsight.. like what happened to the Lootas in my last game.. I should have kept them at the Back so they wouldnt be shot but they only good place with clear line of sight to everything was the 2nd floor.. so blegh for me)

Sunny deployed with just his Tervigon and everything else would come in by Turn 1

The rest waiting to go in Turn 1

Turn 1

Top of turn


My movement saw me moving everything on the table but it was slow going with flubbed difficult terrain roles. Even my Run rolls were bad making things slow going.



Bottom of Turn


His Turn saw him moving in as well with the Carnifexes on both flanks of the Tervigon. The Tervigon unforunately only got to spawn one unit of Termagants before pooping out.


Turn 2

Top of Turn
Burnas in their Looted Wagon arrive and I set them on my right most flank next to the boyz. The rest of the army crawls forward except for the Lobbas and the forward units. The Lootas manage to cause 2 wounds to the left Carnifex. Shokk Attack Gun shoots at the feel no pain Hormagaunts killing a few and the Lobbas do the same.

Bottorm of Turn 

One can see the Ymgarls to the right.
 Both Ymmgarls arrive  one on the ruin where the Lootas are.. the other in the forest near the Killer Kans. They move past the killer kans and my wondering is removed when the Hive Guard blow up the Kans in a round of awesome shooting. The Ymgarls then jump on the 20 ork boyz that were nnot in cover and dish out damage but the boyz hold. This could not be said of the Lootas that got jumped by the Ymgarls on the left and they go poof. In the Center the Hormas and the Left Genestealers are about to jump up and down on the Grots  but Genestealers dont reach because of difficult terrain. The  Hormas do and they wipe out the Grots but cut right when they consolidate.. Away from the Ork Boyz that are behind the grots.

Turn 3


Top of Turn 
- The Warboss and Meganob arrive and I position themselves on the Ymgarls that killed the lootas and manage to Burn them all. I wanted to make sure that at least my left flank would be secure and placed them their. The Burnas in the Looted Wagon go past the engaged Ymgarls and Boyz on the right and disembark to burn the GeneStealers in the forest to the right wiping them out. Shokk attack gun fires and takes out a Hive Guard model. Lobbas fire at the Genestealers on the other flank as well as Boyz from the middle manage to take it down to one model  Other boyz unit shoots at the Termas but nothing dies. Combat with the other boyz unit continues against the Ymgarl

Bottom of Turn
Lone Genestealer runs to the Left objective and squats there. Carnifexes and spawned Termagants move forward shooting at the middle ork unit.. Casualties are mounting. Tyrant Guard shoot and kill the lone MekBoy on the 2nd floor (damn that ignore cover save gun)  Hormas veer left and wipe out the disembarked Burna Boyz.

Turn 4
Top of Turn
Warboss and bikes and the Meganobz mount up and try to shoot at the squatting Genestealer.. but only the Warboss is in range.. and still the GeneStealer survives !! Left Ork unit shoots at the Left Carnifex and I manage to strip off a wound against it.  Looted Wagon re-positions to the tree line to shoot at the Termas that ate the Burnas.. but the Lobbas do their thing and manage to kill most of the Termas except one.. and it starts to run away.


Middle Boyz unit moves up and shoots at the Termagants(pathetic shooting on my part) and then multi-charge them and the Carnifex (I was going for fearless wounds on the Carnifex did not remember if it was fearless or not) but I manage to absorb the incoming attacks and kill of the the Hormas and the Carnifex with my powerklaw (4 hits, 4 wounds.. wow)  The right boyz unit finally kills of the Ymgarls and starts heading for the right objective.

Bottom of Turn
Hive Guard manage to blow up the Looted Wagon . Tervigon and remaining Carnifex wipes out the middle Ork unit who have nowhere to hide.

Ah bad place to be for the boyz
Turn 5
Top of Turn
Warboss and bikes close in and finally kills the last remaining genestealer  Meganobz sped forward really fast towards the objective kept by the Genestealer Left and Right Ork unit shoot but do nothing.. Right Ork unit is at least at right Objective. Lobbas shot goes wide

Bottom of Turn
Tyrand Guard shoots at the Trukk causing it to Kareen but it explodes right near the objective with the MegaNobz now dutifully occupy (though suffers one wound from the explosion) Carnifex unloads on the MegaNobz next but are fully protected by their 2+ save and manage to hold on to the objective.


GAME Ends on Turn 5 (rolled a 3 to continue the game) 

 I had 3objectives to none from Sunny. Had this game gotten another turn the Meganobz would have attempted to jump up and down the Carnifex while the Warboss and his bike retinue would have fancied going after the Tervigon.

End Game Video 

In the end it turned into an attrition battle with me winning it out with the sheer number of bodies I still had on the table to win the day. It was a fun game and hope to do it again soon.


2 comments:

Obi Macapuno said...

the fuck? anlayo ng inikot mo ah. taga dun lang pala si sir Sunny hahaha. nice report bozz!

Badbeef said...

yep.. gotta love managament :P..

Actually I still remember when there were less walls and I actually managed to bike their (before the squatter shanties as well) I plan to hunt the walking route to his place though.. and maybe I can do it with my bike as well :P