Friday, March 16, 2012

WIP: What the Hell I did during my vacation the week before

[EDIT: Well this was supposed to have been for the March 5 WIP.. but hey better late than never right? X)]

Last Wednesday after going to the gym since I was bored as hell with my "vacation"  (I was supposed to go to Boracay and then to Batangas.. both events got cancelled.. no way was I going to cancel my vacation leave though.. soooo boredeom)  so I biked all the way to Festival Mall to (amongst other things) hunt for new brushes to use (since the ones that I got easily lost the point.. .


I was able to buy me an expensive Tamiya brush before I went to National and got me some reeves cheap brushes as well as a sakura brush that was a lot cheaper than the Tamiya brush..
Oooh.. I managed to buy brushes
I also out on a whim picked up this tube of paint... just to see how it works.. I noticed with Reeves, though it is acrylic it feels "oily" (it's thick but you can't drybrush it.) since SEMCO paints are never going to be restocked I was looking for an alternative... and impulse bought this paint to test..(EDIT: Well it was like Reeves.. thick and a bit oily as well.. oh well. at least it was cheap) 
Hmmmm must remember that paints in tubes are not good for models

Anyway spent the week jumping from one project to the next. At least this time I had managed to arrange my stuff in such a way that I can easily get to the projects that I am working on and not just fling them around.

Tried to spend time converting a rokkit buggy from a deftkopta.. and it took longer than expected.

Then spent the afternoon the next day painting.. finally based some of my finished models properly ( SEMCO Cobalt Blue) and the PP ice white(??)

really need to Wash the kans.. the're too clean
Then started to paint the Lootas and the Kommandos. I had once again forgotten what paint I had used to drybrush with after I had based with PP paint.. after trying the SEMCO green and the PP green I once again relied on the Reeves green paint.. It looked oily and was a bit weird to work with, but it got the shade that I wanted.

Workspace


Lootas

Kommandos

It looks like the Vallejo Game color for Midnight Blue is a bit on the diluted side.. It's not going to do well if I base coated using white instead of black. At least it is coming along nicely. Let's see if I can continue with painting the Kommandos and finishing them by next week.  [EDIT : didn't get to paint much the week before except to put black on top of the black undercoat. Thinking of just leaving the guns as black and putting in copper as a secondary color. Will see]




No comments: