Thursday, January 31, 2008

WHFB: 1999 point Orc 2008 GT army

Finally after much headache in computing and recomputing my army list I have come up with the final version (or so I hope) of the army list that I would be using for the 2008 Fantasy GT to be done in April.

The thing about this kind of army is the relative cheapness of the units as compared to say High Elves. I can take out an option here and an option there and I can save enough points to get another unit of boyz or several more support units which made the choices so hard to finalize.

Bruzza's Horde (1999 points)

Characters - 578 points ( 29% of armylist )

  • Bruzza da Big - Orc WarBoss - Light Armour, Boar, Ulag's Akrit Axe, Enchanted Shield, Warboss um's Best Boss At - 217 points
  • UrkFang Dwarfeater - Black Orc Bigboss - Heavy Armour, Boar, Battle Standard Bearer, Mork's Spirit Totem - 180 points
  • RotGit - Goblin Bigboss - Light Armour, Shield, Wolf, Wollopa's One Hit Wonder, Guzzla's Battle Brew - 81 points
  • Shimwit - Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman - Dispel Scrolls (x2) - 100 points

Core: - 996 points ( 50% of armylist )

  • 25 Orc Boyz - Full Command, choppa, shield - 180 points
  • 25 Orc Boyz - Full Command, choppa, shield - 180 points
  • 25 Orc Boyz - Full Command, extra choppa - 205 points
  • 20 Night Goblins - Musician, bows, Fanatic (x1) - 89 points
  • 20 Night Goblins - Musician, bows, Fanatic (x1) - 89 points
  • 5 Wolf Riders - Musician, spears - 71 points
  • 5 Wolf Riders - Musician, spears - 71 points
  • 5 Spider Riders - Musician, spears, shields - 71 points
  • 2 Snotlings - 40 points

Special: 220 points ( 11% of armylist )

  • Wolf Chariot - 60 points
  • Wolf Chariot - 60 points
  • Spear Chukka - 35 points
  • Spear Chukka - 35 points
  • Night Goblin Squig Herd - 30 points

Rare: 205 points

  • Magog - Giant - 205 points (10% of armylist)


This list is shy of 2000 points total. Ive got some tried and tested units as well as a few new ones that I wanted to try out. Normally having to use new units can be tricky, specially if its a tournament setting. However I just want to give them a go this year and with me not expecting anything I just plan to have a great time.

Most of these models are already done but definitely need some retouching and varnishing while others are still on their sprues. This is fine by me since the new units that I had selected only have a few models in them so that it wouldnt give me a headeache in just finishing them. All of the characters need to be assembled and created. The Orc Boyz regiments need some retouching and painting of a few extra models. The Night goblins have bows simply because I have painted them that way and I loathe to have to modify them to have hand weapons and shields. Still if I have the time ...

I plan to do the assembly of any new models first then go ahead and do retouches and then actual painting. After everything has been painted will i apply matt varnish on all of the models.

No comments: