Thursday, January 17, 2008

GENERAL: Some shelving...

The cabinet I had used to put my figures in (well some of em anyway) was a bookcase that I had added some extra shelves before.. in the form of some illustration board and boxes of old mechwarrior booster packs for support.

I decided that I actually needed to put something more permanent in my shelving (and at the same time the models needed cleaning anyway). So I brought me some L rungs and screws and started fixing the cabinet


I first removed all the models that where stored in the shelves and laid them out in the balcony, being able to get to view models that I haven't seen in a while. I just realized only now how many more stuff I hadnt finished painting.



I then went to the cabinet and started measuring me the positions to put the L rungs , first a ruler and then with the same boxes that held the original shelves together. I then started to screw them on. With the glass panels in the way my hand and wrists had to work at odd angles but I managed to screw them in after some laborious work.

Finally I had rungs for three shelves... but I hadn't thought of what actual shelfing material to use for the cabinet...


Fortunately my aunt runs a furniture company so I went there and started scrounging up some excess wood that I would use for the actual shelves.. My carpentry and measuring skills need work with me not being able to cut a straight line but regardless I was able to cut the size that I needed then filed/sand papered the rough cuts that I did. They looked a little "raw" so I blasted them with black spray.

I then did a bit of jiggling to get the shelves in place. I then cleaned the models I took out from the cabinet before I placed them back. This took me all afternoon, a bit of a slow production but at least thats all done.. So now when do I actually get to start painting? :P

1 comment:

Kyuzo said...

Nice. And all the while I thought the glass doors can be removed. :)