Tuesday, January 15, 2008

PAINTING: Stripping paint - High elves

I checked and I have the following high elf models:



  • old bowmen (5th ed models) - 9
  • multi-part bowmen - 36
  • spearmen (high elf bodies with bretonnian heads (!!!) ) - 29
  • Mage on foot - 1
  • Mage mounted - 1
  • Phoenix Guard - 3
  • bolt thrower ( 6th ed metal ) - 1
  • Silver Helms - 3


Man do these models paint jobs suck hard. I had begun the process of stripping paint of the high elves.. and have managed to remove the paint from all of the new plastic bowmen.


Was astonished though that the price of my handy dandy brake fluid just shot up. It used to be like 44 bucks for a 400 ml can now its 59 for a 150 ml one.. sheesh smaller and more expensive..
Hmmm maybe its time for me to try out that Simple Green in True Value.

However Im losing momentum in wanting to strip all the models since Jeff just told me that he will give me some plastic IG cadian models that he also got from EJ (too bad this deal came in after I got the fantasy stuff, I would have gladly paid for this instead)... ah well no more choice but to see if I can unload the models aside from the orcs and dwarves.I am still trying to convince Ricky to buy the lot from me so that I can get some cash back.

Heres to that.

1 comment:

Kyuzo said...

dude, simple green works best at stripping the paint off metal figs. brake fluid still the better paint stripper on plastics. and simple green is expensive. :)