Friday, November 4, 2011

PAINTING : 10 more Ork Boyz done

Yes
Wow, I actually managed to finish another 10 ork boyz this evening. Looks like the painting bug has finally hit. The fact that I had changed my old paints  and used Semco and PP paints seems to have helped (probably because the old paints had dried up and it took me more time to coax some paint out of them than actually paint).

I am just getting to realize that PP paints are more watery than normal.. similar to Semco, and they don't do drybrushing very well. Might have to start looking at Vallejo model color and see any Citadel equivalents.


10 boyz done 90 more to go
Anyhow back to the models at hand... This is the first 10 of the second ork shoota squad that I needed to complete that was on the painting tray which I needed to finish before I can move on and paint the other units that I need for the tournament this November 11 (doh)

Nob with Klaw 

Just to finish it I forced myself to merely go for tabletop quality and not keep going back to the model (to much) to redo it. Table top quality is basically it should look good from 3 feet away and I think it does that. The table top quality also specifies to just get three colors in but well Orks aren't Space Marines and they deserve more than just three colors. Though I was limited with the paints that I do have so I mostly used browns for the clothing with shades of blue to contrast.




The humidity and rain is preventing me from spray bombing the other models that I need for the tournament though. So I might as well focus on the already pair of spraybombed grotzooka Kans that I have waiting. Well back to painting (though sleep looks nice too)

1 comment:

The Raipo said...

Blue boyz! :D I mostly use regular vallejo and semco too hehe.