Thursday, November 10, 2011

WIP: Killa Kanz

     Wow.. I'm still actually painting something.. I guess the painting bug is still biting then.. Here we have a pair of kanz that I will be using for the 11 11 11 Tournament to be held on November 11, 2011 to commemorate the BUNKER's third year anniversary and sadly our last year over there.

     Anyhow I got to finally start painting 2 of the plastic kans that I had for so long (two years ago??).. Only now once I started to paint the models did I realize how wrong it was to have glued the arms in already.. The model has to many bits that I may not be able to paint it all and my OC is kicking in and it's driving me nuts. I am beginning to dread having to paint the Lootas that I actually finished assembling.. Oh well.. will worry about it when I get there.


     At first I really did'nt know how to paint them so like a noob I went to the GW website to see how they did it and it a bunch of reds and oranges.. this should be easy then!! The first kan i just directly applied the Red on top of the undercoat... Several layers later did I actually remember that it's better to put on a more lighter color in (Bubonic Brown was the key) to act as a neutral color so that the red would be easier to apply. With no Bubonic Brown I settled for a pinky flesh paint and hope the red and orange would stick better.


     I am trully lacking a few paints though.. I am regretting the lose of my Tin Bitz. I severely need a rusting metallic color    and too much use of bolt gun metal is getting boring. The use of PP paints and there better plastic caps have at least kept my models from drying.. Too bad though that it appears that PP paints are a bit more watery. (EDIT - Obi mentioned that perhaps its too watery because I added in too much water... well doh for me)

     As always I was not able to finish it all when Tournament time came but well at least its a start.

1 comment:

The Raipo said...

wah I wants for myselfs!