Friday, November 25, 2011

BOARDGAMING : 6 Player StarCraft

Where to launch the assault?
I never thought I'd see the day that I would actually have the chance to get up to 6 players for a game of Starcraft (and its Broodwar expansion) usually players and even I would be hesitant to try this because the board would take up too much space  and the length of the game would be 4+ hours and longer specially if you still needed to teach the game.


A very cramped table that is
Yet it's exactly what happened when the boys from the south decided to come over for a game !!!. Game time was delayed a bit as we waited for all players so we played a bit of GOSU (anime goblin card building) first. Then once the remaining players arrived we managed to fit 6 players on the dinning table.. huzzah !!!. We managed to saved space by having to remove the planetary connectors and the game as a foot. I had gotten Jim Raynor as my player and I proceeded to just fight Mengsk that was next door to me and fight against Tassadar forces on the other front. Meanwhile The OverMind bidded its time in getting as much VP as it can get.


Two hours in the game we had to pause as I had a street meeting to go to and so the players amused themselves with a game of 3 magic unicorns.. Or something of the other. I was able to come back after an hour and a half and unfortunately we had to move venues.. that means we had to take our board pieces with us and move 40 feet to the table by the gazebo. Fortunately the players were all sports about it and my storage boxes made it easy for us to move to the other table. and managed to put all the connectors.

The sun has dropped. Gaming continues.

In the end even with the OverMind leading in VPs it was at the last turn that the Event Deck started to get depleted and Aldaris, the only player that decided to get Special Victory Conditions won the game when "The End Draws Near" cards where drawn to finish the game.

That ended a 5 hour game session. Really need to look for more 6 player games that at least don't take up too much space. Something 2 to 6 players. I am thinking of getting Imperial 2030 though not sure if my players are going to go for it. I still got Shadows Over Camelot that I would like to test with them though.

Here's to December's gaming :)

No comments: