Saturday, November 12, 2011

TOURNAMENT: (sorta) 1,111 Tourney

Well last November 11 was the third year anniversary for the Bunker and unfortunately with the building being sold off to the nearby hospital this year would be its last. To celebrate there would be a 11-11-11 tournament to be played. We had to play a 1,111 point army list and any player that had a 111 point unit would get bonus points.



Well I had a Day Off  that I needed to use so I took that to be able to be free for that Friday (I was expecting traffic to be bad.. apparently I was right) . So I went to Makati early, met up with Obi after I hit the gym and we decided to head for the Shakk first taking some detours along the way. As expected we arrived at the place with no one there so to while away the time we setup Last Night on Earth for a quick game in (which of course lasted 3 hours).

The thing that I like about Last Night on Earth is that the game can create a story of its own. In this game the Heroes had to stop the Zombies from blowing up 6 buildings or else the Zombies would win. The initial heroes were the Goth girl, Amanda, Sam the cook and Vincent the escaped convict. Amanda proved to be a powerhouse though with her shears and ability to stop combat from happening. She managed to hold off and kill 14+ zombies before she finally succumbed and the game ended but she tied up the zombies for 7 turns ... what a game. Gotta really get the Shakk to play this game on a regular basis.



Why won't you die ???

At 6pm we decided to head out and experienced one of the worst traffic jams in a while. It took us an hour to get to the Bunker, others weren't so lucky though with them getting stuck for 3 hours to get to the venue so as expected the tournament started late.
People start trickling in

I was supposed to play against Arvin since there were an odd number of players until Jeff after downing shots of whiskey asked what was going on.. so I got to fight against his GK army converted to be Adeptus Custodes . His awesome army which had won best painted in the 2011 GT can be ogled here after the jump

Nobody there
He decided to reserve everything and there wasn't much to do in turn 1. Unfortunately all of my reserves arrived on turn 2 so on his turn 2  he managed to land his storm raven near my Warboss w/ snikrot and tried to nuke him to kingdom come. I then experienced first hand why people hate Techmarines and their stupid grenades..when I tried to charge Draigo and that Techmarine which had Rad and Psychotroke..

Since the mission was scout it was almost all over as his units except for his terminators where already on my side of the table, it looked like it was a done deal.. but I wanted to spit at my fate so off went my only deftkopa and looking Jeff squarely in the eye.. rolled for my TL rokkit.. I roll  a 6 to hit and a 5 on the damage table !!!.. Wohooo the storm raven burned !!!. I don't care anymore if I get massacred I just did a moral victory for me and...



And then boom here we go..

What's that? The TO already said it was time during Jeff's turn and since this was the top of a new turn that it doesn't count?.. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

After I calmed down I decided to just marvel at Jeff's conversion work with his stuff.



Since I was already out of ever winning this I still wanted to game in so I got a match against shock_tr from the MWPH forums. He had brought a TAU army and we gamed on. I managed to cause a lot of casualties to his kroot screen and the kans actually got to grotzooka range before blasted apart by his broadsides.




Eventually my reserves came in. The Mega Nobz came on from the right flank and managed to bring down the devilfish while on the left my outflanking defkopta brings down the HammerHead ( I gotta start painting kill markers for him). Next turn warboss and snikrot comes on board and proceeds to wrech face with the broadsides as his crisis suits get charged by my stormboyz and then time was once again called (it was getting close to midnight) so at least a win there.


Fighting both games has gotten me the push I need to finish my army. I hope to at least be done by the Kans in a week. I am going to miss playing at the bunker though. I'm going to have to look for a new venue that I can call home..





No comments: