Monday, February 6, 2012

GENERAL: Badbeef is a Sad Panda


There goes Gladiator: 

I had wanted to join the Gladiator cup and was super excited that I had spent work not facebooking and instead trying to come up with multiple armylists, specially since they allowed Imperial Armour lists to be used.

I had been trying to see what kind of IA 8 Dread mob list I can make or even just combine the units from IA 8 with the regular Ork codex.


I had planned Mekboy junkas with grot bombs and Warkoptas with Tankbustas.. Sadly that ain't gonna happen after all.


Last week had me get hit by this horrendous cough after my whole night sessions with US clients. After I had submitted my reviews I had myself checked by my doctor and they found phlegm already in my lungs starting to reach pneumonia levels. So antibiotics and bed rest here we went.

Well I finally got my bed rest and even managed to run the Skyway Marathon last Sunday... and I was all set to  create a final list for my 2000pt Gladiator list.. it had kans, junkas and battlewagons.. and then I look at my weekends..

and see it all booked up..

f##king A. sigh..

Looking at my schedule I realized I had a better chance had I played at the bunker (gaming time wise) oh well.. there goes that  then :(

Still the past couple of weeks haven't been a total loss hobby/game wise:

Painting:

I actually managed to keep painting the killa kans that I had on the block for the longest time. The P3 paints and the Vallejo Game color are looking remarkably well.. (specially since I don't really care about blending and I just wan't to finish what I do have).

I do need to change the brushes that I have. My old dependable chinese brushes are now gone and the brushes that I got and expected to be of better quality have been well sub-par.. They can barely keep a point after painting 2 or 3 models!!! Oh well.. I just wish the brushes would keep it together until I finally finish off the kans (REMEMBER TIP#1 Never glue the arms)

Model Fund


In an effort to have space and let someone else enjoy it, I had to sell of my copy of Space Hulk to the old wolf man himself. Fortunately It had netted me moolah and a fully painted Crimson Fist drop pod (pictures that I should post soon)

That means that I now have 3k in the model fund.. and a chance to increase it some more since I still have an unpainted drop pod in sprue.. (Interesting)

That's it for my update.. Here's to the week ahead.

3 comments:

The Raipo said...

get well soon beef. we still have asession this feb :D

Obi Macapuno said...

at least you are painting now!

Badbeef said...

you guys have a point.. hopefully my painting continues.. now if only the sun comes up so I can spray bomb a few figs..